HUMAN AMYLOID IMAGING CONFERENCE
Abstract submission and registration for HAI 2020 are now closed.
WELCOME TO THE HAI 2020 CONFERENCE PLATFORM
- If you had created an account last year, you can access the platform through the email/password you had used/created then.
- If you do not have an account on this platform, you will need to create one. Upon the creation of a user account, confirmation email will be sent from firstname.lastname@example.org
As always, we ask that you ensure your profile information is accurate and up-to-date.
How do I include your email address in my Safe Senders list?
Add the From address you want to receive mailings from to your Gmail Contacts List:
- Click “Contacts” along the left side of any Gmail page.
- Click “Create Contact”.
- Copy and paste email@example.com into the primary email address dialog box.
- Click “Save”.
If our e-mail is in your SPAM folder, check the box next to the mailing and click the “Not Spam” button along the top.
Add the From address you want to receive mailings from to your Hotmail Safe List:
- Open your mailbox and click “Options” (upper right hand corner).
- Click the “Junk E-Mail Protection” link.
- Select the “Safe List” link.
- Copy and paste firstname.lastname@example.org into the dialog box titled “Type an address or domain”.
- Click the “Add” button next to the dialog box.
If our email is in your “Junk E-Mail Folder”, open the message and click the “Not Junk” button.
You should also check that email@example.com is not in your Blocked Senders list. You can find your Blocked Senders list by following the directions above and going to “Blocked Senders List” instead of “Safe List”. If you see the mailing’s From address on this list, select it and click the Remove button.
Add the From address you want to receive mailings from to your Thunderbird Address Book and configure your Junk Mail Controls to white list your address book.
Add an address into your Personal Address Book:
- Click the “Address Book” button.
- Make sure the Personal Address Book is highlighted.
- Click the “New Card” button.
- Under the “Contact” tab, copy and paste firstname.lastname@example.org into the Email dialog box.
- Click “OK”.
White list your Personal Address Book:
- From the main drop down menu, select “Tools -< Junk Mail Controls…”
- This will launch the Junk Mail Controls window that has two tabs: Settings and Adaptive Filter
- Under the Settings tab, update the “White Lists” module by selecting Personal Address Book from the pull down menu and then check mark the box next to “Do not mark messages as junk mail”.
- Click “OK”.
If our email is in your junk folder, right-click the message and choose “Mark -< As Not Junk”.
Set up a filter to redirect the mailing you want to receive into your inbox:
- From the Edit drop down menu, select “Message Filters”.
- Click “New”, and give the new filter a name (e.g. “Whitelist”).
- Change the drop down on the left to “sender” and the one in the middle to “is”.
- Copy and paste email@example.com into the box on the right.
- Make the bottom two drop downs “Move to folder” and “Inbox”.
- Click “OK”.
- Make sure that your new filter is located at the top of the Message Filter list so it is run before any spam filter.
Add the address you want to receive mailings from to your Safe Senders list:
- On the Tools menu, click “Options”.
- On the Preferences tab, click “Junk E-mail”.
- On the Safe Senders tab, click “Add”.
- In the Add address box, copy and paste in firstname.lastname@example.org and click OK.
If you are using a different version of Outlook you can add the mailers From address to your Address Book. This can be done by opening the email, right clicking the From address, and selecting “Add To Contacts”. You can also access your Address Book via the tools drop down menu.
Set up a filter to redirect the mailing you want to receive in your inbox:
- Open your mailbox and click on “Mail Options” (upper right hand corner).
- Select “Filters” under the Management column.
- Click the “Add” button on the Filters page.
- In the “From header:” row, make the drop down “contains” and put the mailer’s from address email@example.com in the box.
- At the bottom of the page Click the “Choose Folder” pull down menu and select “Inbox”.
- Click the “Add Filter” button.
If the mailing is in your Yahoo Bulk Folder open the email and click the “Not Spam” button. You should also check that the mailing’s email address is not in your “Blocked Addresses” list. You can find your “Blocked Addresses” list by clicking “Mail Options” and then clicking the “Blocked Addresses” link under the Spam column. If you see the mailing’s from address on this list, select it and click the “Remove Block” button.
For any questions on this platform, please contact the secretariat via telephone or email .
+1.224.938.9523 (Mon-Fri: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm US Central Time)
It is your responsibility to ensure that our email address is whitelisted (included in your “Safe Senders” list).
If your company/university server is blocking our communication AND your IT personnel cannot unblock/whitelist it, please modify your user account by substituting your email address with an alternative one (such as Gmail, Yahoo, etc.).
To create a new account or log into an existing account, please scroll to the bottom of this page.
Past users should use their email addresses to access their accounts. If passwords are not remembered, there is an easy option for password reset. It is recommended that users have their browsers remember/retain the access information for their HAI accounts.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who can submit abstracts?
How many co-authors are allowed on an abstract?
– made substantial contributions to concept and design, acquisition of data, or analysis and interpretation of data,
– drafted the abstract or revised it for intellectual content,
– approved the final version to be submitted.
Can I include graphs or tables in my abstract?
A maximum of three tables/graphs in total can be included. Please note that each image must be less than 4MB and should be formatted as PNG, JPG or GIF files, with ideally 600 dpi. Adobe PDF files are not accepted.
To add an image into your abstract, please click on the “Add Media” button, located on the top left corner of the Abstract body field. Once inserted, you can left/center/right align it in the body of the abstract. To maintain the resolution, we ask that you do not shrink the embedded image. Also, please note that all captions MUST be saved with the graphic file.
IMPORTANT NOTE: you cannot copy/paste an image into the form – all images must be uploaded as instructed above.
How does the review process work?
Who owns the copyright of my abstract after it is submitted?
Material presented in abstracts should not violate any copyright laws. If figures/graphics/images have been taken from sources not copyrighted by the author, it is the author’s sole responsibility to secure the rights from the copyright holder in writing to reproduce those figures/graphics/images for both worldwide print and web publication. All reproduction costs charged by the copyright holder must be borne by the author.
Do I need to disclose any conflict of interest?
HAI asks that all presenting authors disclose any conflict of interest at the time of presentation for the benefit of conference delegates.
HAI TRAVEL SCHOLARSHIPS
What are the criteria for an HAI Travel Scholarship or Award?
1.) Be the first-author of a submitted abstract;
2.) Be currently enrolled in graduate or medical school or, if graduated, not greater than 5 years since receiving an MD, a PhD, or completing a residency training program, and
3.) Commit to participate in the 2020 HAI conference for the entire duration of the event.
How can I apply for an HAI Travel Scholarship?
How many scholarships will be offered?
The HAI Young Investigator Awardee will receive a check for $500, in addition to the HAI travel scholarship.
When will I receive my scholarship check?
Scholars will also be asked to be photographed next to the event poster.
I have created an account on the platform - does this mean I am registered for the conference?
To pay for your registration, you will have to log in the conference platform, first, and then click the “Pay” button from the top horizontal menu.
I have to cancel my registration - how do I do this?
No refunds will be made available on or after December 7, 2019.
Can I request a Letter of Support to obtain a travel visa?
To obtain such a Letter of Support, you first need to register for the conference and pay in full. HAI will issue these letters (via email) which will include your name, affiliation, address as well as our confirmation of your registration payment and information about the conference itself.
The Letter of Support does not financially or otherwise obligate the conference organizers in any way. All expenses incurred in relation to the conference and immigration requirements are your sole responsibility.
NOTE: Should your visa request be declined, please note that our refund policies will remain in place.
Can I register as media?
Please note that due to limited space at the event, media registrations will be treated on the same principle of first-come, first-served.
I wanted to register but the registration is closed!
AT THE EVENT
Why do I need to wear a badge at all times during the event?
I am at the event and would like know if a friend is also in attendance - how can I go about this?
Additionally, you can ask the HAI Secretariat to liaise with that attendee on your behalf.
Am I allowed to videotape/take pictures during the plenaries or poster sessions?